US or UK
Satsuma Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a novel therapeutic for the acute treatment of migraine. Our lead drug candidate, STS101, is a drug-device combination of a proprietary dry-powder formulation of dihydroergotamine mesylate, or DHE, capable of being quickly and easily self-administered by a proprietary pre-filled, single-use, nasal delivery device. STS101 is currently in Phase 3 development.
This newly developed role of Sr. Director/VP of Supply Chain will report to the VP of Manufacturing Operations. The role is in the pharmaceutical industry, based in the US or UK, working with Contract Manufacturing Organizations to establish commercial Supply Chain capability for a new single-use, dry powder, nasal delivery drug/device combination product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall Supply Chain operations, including purchasing, inventory and distribution of finished goods.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategy to ensure critical processes run effectively to achieve organizational goals and KPIs.
Minimum Requirements Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in pharmaceutical Supply Chain leadership.
- Experience in project execution and program management.
- Experience with pharmaceuticals in a GMP setting from Clinical stage through Commercialization.
- Experience with implementing ERP systems and supporting processes.
- Track record of developing and working with external suppliers including CMOs.
- Lean manufacturing experience desired.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work in cross-functional teams including across multiple sites and time zones.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong quality orientation with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify problems and to be innovative and effective in developing solutions, mitigating execution risk.
- Collaborative leader with ability to strongly influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, and bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change – able to create order from chaos.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes; is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted – delivers on promises, goals and expectations.
- Makes quality decisions and resolves problems rapidly.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent planning and prioritization, with an ability to multitask and adapt – able to synthesize large amount of information and deliver results despite shifting environment.
For additional information:
Please send your resume or CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org