US or UK
Satsuma Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a novel therapeutic for the acute treatment of migraine. Our lead drug candidate, STS101, is a drug-device combination of a proprietary dry-powder formulation of dihydroergotamine mesylate, or DHE, capable of being quickly and easily self-administered by a proprietary pre-filled, single-use, nasal delivery device. STS101 is currently in Phase 3 development.
This newly developed role of Sr. Director/VP of Supply Chain will report to the VP of Manufacturing Operations. The role is in the pharmaceutical industry, based in the US or UK, working with Contract Manufacturing Organizations to establish commercial Supply Chain capability for a new single-use, dry powder, nasal delivery drug/device combination product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall Supply Chain operations, including purchasing, inventory and distribution of finished goods.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategy to ensure critical processes run effectively to achieve organizational goals and KPIs.
Minimum Requirements Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in pharmaceutical Supply Chain leadership.
- Experience in project execution and program management.
- Experience with pharmaceuticals in a GMP setting from Clinical stage through Commercialization.
- Experience with implementing ERP systems and supporting processes.
- Track record of developing and working with external suppliers including CMOs.
- Lean manufacturing experience desired.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to work in cross-functional teams including across multiple sites and time zones.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong quality orientation with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify problems and to be innovative and effective in developing solutions, mitigating execution risk.
- Collaborative leader with ability to strongly influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, and bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change – able to create order from chaos.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes; is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted – delivers on promises, goals and expectations.
- Makes quality decisions and resolves problems rapidly.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent planning and prioritization, with an ability to multitask and adapt – able to synthesize large amount of information and deliver results despite shifting environment.
For additional information:
Please send your resume or CV to us at email@example.com
Ms. Harsch has served as a member of our board of directors since October 2021. Ms. Harsch currently serves as General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary of VYNE Therapeutics, a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company, a position she has held since March 2020. Prior to joining VYNE, Ms. Harsch was with Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., from January 2018 to March 2020, serving most recently as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer. She has over 20 years of legal experience, previously holding positions as Special Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions, at Cooley LLP from 2015 to 2017, as a corporate lawyer at Davis Polk & Wardwell from 1999 to 2003 and 2005 to 2015, and as Assistant General Counsel at Warner Chilcott from 2003 to 2005. Ms. Harsch received her J.D. and B.A. degrees from the University of California at Berkeley.
Mr. Soloway has served as a member of our Board since July 2020. He currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of T-knife Therapeutics, Inc., a privately-held next-generation adoptive T-cell therapy company leveraging its proprietary humanized T-cell receptor (HuTCR) mouse platform to treat solid tumors, a position he has held since December 2020. From October 2015 to September 2020, Mr. Soloway served as a senior member of the executive team of Audentes Therapeutics, Inc., where he most recently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. Prior to joining Audentes, Mr. Soloway served as the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Ascendis Pharma A/S, from January 2014 until September 2015. Prior to Ascendis, Mr. Soloway held various positions, including Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer at Transcept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., from September 2002 to December 2013. Prior to Transcept, Mr. Soloway was a Principal with Montreux Equity Partners, where he was responsible for sourcing, structuring and leading life-sciences focused venture capital investments. Mr. Soloway earned a B.S. in Entrepreneurial Studies from the University of Southern California and an M.B.A. from the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business.